Click photos for larger view!
Leelanau Natural BeefNancy and Tim's creativity and foresight was the beginning of Leelanau Natural Beef. CSF needed a way to expand the market for their cattle and LNB was the perfect solution. Steers and Heifers are raised on grass in the warmer months and hay with little supplement in the winter. No antibiotics or hormones allow for an "All Natural" label to describe the Premium Ground Beef. The animals are processed when they are 1100lbs to 1300lbs at an USDA inspected facility were even the choice cuts are put in the ground beef. The product is then sold off the farm at a self-serve stand year around and at local Farmer's Markets in the summer. Shipping is available to those who are interested in LNB. For more information E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why is grass-fed beef a healthy choice?
All food fats are a blend of the different types, saturated and unsaturated. Unsaturated fats include poly- and monounsaturated fats. Omega-3s and 6s are types of polyunsaturated fats, called essential because we have to get them from food, our bodies can't manufacture them from other fats.
- Grass-fed products are rich in all the fats now proven to be health-enhancing, but low in the fats that have been linked with disease.
- Grass-fed beef is naturally leaner than grain-fed beef.
- Omegas 3s in beef that feed on grass is 7% of the total fat content, compared to 1% in grain-fed beef.
- Grass-fed beef has the recommended ratio of omega 6 to omega 3 fats.
- Grass-fed beef is loaded with other natural minerals and vitamins, plus it's a great source of CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) a fat that reduces the risk of cancer, obesity, diabetes, and a number of immune disorders.
- Beef, in its natural grass-fed state, is a health food of the highest order